Life Insurance Cost: A Product for Everyone
If you finally make a final decision to get life insurance quotes, then you will be overwhelmed with lots of possible choices as you search online. To be able to come up with the right decision, it is imperative to equip yourself with a good life insurance cost calculator. The first step that you need to take is finding out the average life insurance cost. The following are useful information that you need to understand.
Types According to Pricing
- Term Life Insurance will not hurt your pocket; you can acquire one with a monthly premium of approximately $19.00 for 20 years.
- Next is Universal Life Insurance with an approximate monthly premium of $85.00 that can offer permanent insurance.
- Indexed Universal Life Insurance has an approximate $110.00 as a monthly premium that can offer permanent insurance.
- Flexible or Variable Life Insurance has an average monthly premium of $115.00 and can offer permanent insurance.
- Whole Life Insurance is the most expensive type with an approximate monthly premium of $129.50 and can offer permanent insurance.
These rates are not final because it varies according to the insurer and insured health status, age, and more.
Important Factors that can Affect Pricing
All need to become aware that there are several factors to determine the classification when it comes to life insurance cost. These factors will also determine how much you need to pay for the monthly premium.
- Age is one of the most important considerations because older individuals are more susceptible to illnesses so it is better to get so one can keep their life insurance cost down while young to avoid paying more.
- Gender is also an important factor for most insurers because according to statistics men have a shorter lifespan compared to women.
- The body builds like height and weight is a vital factor that can increase or decrease the monthly premium.
- Insurers are looking deeper into medical as well as the prescription history of the applicant to know the risk level.
- The kind of lifestyle and daily activity is also an important factor for many insurers. They will look at risky activities like skydiving and others.
- The financial standing or credit history of a person is important for insurers to calculate for risks.
- Also, smokers tend to pay three times of monthly premium compared to non-smokers.
- A negative driving record can also hurt your monthly premium.
After assessing all of these factors, then insurers can classify how risky you are as an insured and this will determine your monthly premium.
Know more about the Different Types
This type is considered as a basic policy that can offer a term period of ten to thirty years. It is also the easiest life insurance and most affordable choice.
This is for individuals who are aiming for permanent life insurance but want to stay away from a hefty premium. The monthly premium has a cash value that can go up throughout the policy. It is important to take note that premium may increase as it matures, but the cash value that it incurs can pay for the cost.
The important thing that you need to know is the fact it is almost the same with Universal with cash value. However, the cash value is invested in indexed funds are the same as getting a mutual fund. The risk involved in this type of policy is very minimal as the gain and losses have a definite cap.
This is the riskier type compared to indexed because part of your premium is invested in the stock market and not capped.
This is permanent insurance and low risk compared to universal. However, insureds need to pay a higher amount of monthly premiums. Whole life is a good investment.
Knowing all of this vital information is necessary for people to make a wise decision when it comes to choosing the right life insurance that is according to their financial capability and needs.
Consult with a professional with any questions
Coach B. Life Insurance can help you!
Toll-Free: (800) 342-1537
Email: [email protected]